Read the Blog




Colorado Elopement Guide

Self-Solemnizing Guide

You and your spouse must present ONE of the following forms of ID:


-U.S. state-issued driver's license or permit
-U.S. state-issued ID
-U.S. military ID
-Passport that is bilingual or multilingual and includes English or passport with a certified English language translation if non- English

Birth certificates, baptismal certificates and Foreign Consular IDs are not acceptable forms of identification for marriage or civil union licenses. 

Colorado Elopement Photographer

Things To Know

The marriage license fee is $30.

You may self-solemnizing! This means you marry by signing the certificate yourselves. There is no officiant needed.

The certificate must be signed in Colorado within 35 days from the date the license was issued.

The completed marriage certificate and attached license must be returned to the Clerk and Recorder for recording within 63 days after solemnization. After that date, late fees will apply.

Applicants do NOT need to be Colorado residents.

Extra Information

Apply online now to make the process go faster! Print out the confirmation page and bring it into the county clerk's office and make sure the both of you are there.

The offices are open 8 a.m. - 4:30 p.m., Monday through Friday. 

If you take your spouses surname after marriage be sure to inform the following:

-Get certified copies of your marriage certificate
-Social Security Administration
-Driver's License
-Inform your employer and work benefits
-Banks & credit cards
-Insurance Accounts

Click here for more info!


How'd you hear about me?*

What's your favorite vacation spot/memory?*

Email Address*

Phone number*

Where and when do you plan to get married?*

your and your boo thang's full name*

I'll be in touch soon!

Thank you!

let's do this thing!

Ready to stand out from the crowd with knock out photos?